Join us at our next CAPITAL meeting on Saturday, July 9, 2016 at the Sacramento County Sheriff Department’s community room located on 7000 65th Street, Sacramento, CA 95823 from 9-11 a.m. Come early to join us for snacks and networking at 8:30 a.m. Below is the agenda:
- CAPITAL’s CelebrASIAN of Unity Dinner (August 25, 2016)
- Seeking Asian Pacific Islander drivers
- Sacramento Transportation Authority (Jeffrey Spencer, Executive Director)
- Voter Registrar Info (Jose Farreras, Election Supervisor)
- Sacramento Chinese Community Service Center (Anne Luong, Community Outreach Manager)
Other 2016 CAPITAL meeting dates:
- September 24, 2016
- November 19, 2016
A huge turnout at the CAPITAL meeting this morning with over 71 organization representatives, Sac State students and community members.
Cal Expo announced that The Global Winter Winter Wonderland is coming back this year with a new theme, ice skating rink, food court and shopping area. They also updated on their State Fair Farm program which is open to K-6 students on Tuesdays and Wednesdays focused on hands on growing, planting and tasting.
We were also joined by Sacramento State’s new president, Dr. Robert Nelsen, to speak on his goals for increasing graduation rates, campus programs, and new building constructions, and future partnership with local school districts to prepare our high school students before entering college.
Join us at our next meeting on November 21, 2015.